Hankley, Dave

Hankley, Dave
eight glass bottles

eight glass bottles

Description:

Eight old glass bottles that were all dug up from mining camps in the Monashee area near Cherryville, B.C., and were donated by Dave Hankley. a) is a clear glass bottle that has the name "Worcestershire Sauce" along the top and "Lea & Perrins" on the side that intersects the other written name. The company Lea & Perrins was found in 1837 by John Wheeley Lea and William Henry Perrins. It is known as a subsidiary based Kraft Heinz in the United Kingdom and is also very well known for their brand of Worcestershire Sauce. The bottom of the bottle reads "J D S". b) is a large green glass bottle that has no inscribed brand name. The same goes with c), although being colourless (clear) and having a slightly larger size and different shape. Both d) and e) are near identical bottles with both of them having the same size/shape and written brand name of "Cartons H.P. Sauce". The only difference, however, is that d) is green coloured while e) has no colour to it. Both bottles have "41" and "50" written on the bottom. f) and g) are small clear glass bottles with no visible brand names, although on the bottom reads "84A" for g). h) is a small clear glass bottle with a broken cork with the top half being broken off. On the front has "Contents 4 FL. OZ." written.

Date of Object:

ca. early 1900s

Accession #:

022.02.01abcdefgh

More Info:

View Full Record