Recent Pemberton Museum NewsShare
We are looking for 2 Museum Guides!
We are looking for 2 enthusiastic, driven, fun loving students to join our team for the summer season!
Thanks to unprecedented funding for employers to create skill building opportunities for students, the museum received funding for two positions through the Young Canada Works in Heritage program for full-time students between 16-30 yrs.
One position is a Young Canada Works funded position and applicants must be Canadian citizens, 16-30 years of age, and returning to full-time school in the fall.
The other Museum Guide opportunity is for ANYONE interested in joining our team.
Job Description: Museum Guide / Guest Services (summer season)
$16/hour - flexible days and hours
Overall responsibility: provide visitor services and guided tours to connect museum visitors to local, regional and national Canadian history.
- Connect all visitors to the museum to regional history including local activities and educational resources onsite and online.
- Assist with improvement of signage, labels and educational information on site.
- Assist with creation of signage, labels and educational materials in French related to Canadian pioneer history.
- Assist with creation of exploratory activities for children on site and online.
- Other duties as required including day to day operations, occupancy restrictions and COVID-19 protocols and opening and closing duties.
- Deliver guided tours to individuals and groups as required including adults and children.
- Connect visitors to local and regional history through guided tours that highlight artifacts and information from the Pemberton Museum’s collection.
- Provide assistance to all visitors to ensure they can access the museum and its displays and resources.
- Recommend and connect visitors to other cultural activities, national historic sites, indigenous cultural centers and other museums in the Sea to Sky region.
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and abilities
- High school and/or post-secondary education with interest in history, museum studies, education, visual arts, marketing or tourism
- an understanding of museums and their role in a community
- an understanding/direct experience of local indigenous culture and protocols (Stl’atl’imx)
- experience working with public (children, families, adults)
- excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- reliable and professional work standards
- outstanding customer service skills
- works cooperatively with others
- professional presentation and design skills
- knowledge of learning styles, reading levels and abilities
- proficient with MS Office; especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Physical requirements include: working outside, lifting, moving or carrying objects of various weight and dimension, climbing stairs, using a step ladder, standing for long periods, walking on uneven surfaces, and desk work.
Resumes will be accepted until Saturday, July 30th 2022 at 4:00 pm. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only individuals short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Please email your resume with cover letter to: Personnel Committee via info[@]pembertonmuseum.org