Glass lamp with one glass bowl and chimney. Main part of lamp is made from pressed copper and has and embossed leaf design. Gas insert is made from brass plate. Maker's mark is visible on the top of the gas insert, "The Angle Lamp Co NY, Patented in the US and Foreign Countries". Maker's mark is only visible on 014.01.01. Originally the lamps were gas, but have been converted to electricity. History: they belonged to Mary Knight, married to Bud Knight of Toronto, who was a friend of Raine's. Mary acquired these in Eastern BC - [maybe Nelson ?] when she first came to B.C. in the 1930's. She took the lamps with her to Toronto and requested that Raine bring the lamps back to BC if she passed away. Raine brought the lamps to the museum in remembrance of her friend and to honour her wish to bring them back to the west coast of Canada.
Date of Object:
New building board room shelf
a) 29 cm L x 54 cm Circ. X 22.5 cm H, b) 17 cm L x 41 cm Circ., c) 50 cm Circ. X 16 cm H, d) 53 cm Circ. X 20.5. cm H.